At last I have finished the second house printer tray; I made this more challenging for myself as I wanted a hipped type roof to provide some extra spaces for birdies. Although the construction turned into a bit of a marathon and much head scratching to work out the maths I think it did work.
Click on the photos to see the enlarged version. The whole house is covered in book pages that were inked with Distress inks Dusty Concord and Victorian Velvet and over stamped with flourish and script stamps. Most of the small ‘rooms’ hold buttons that came from a swap. Each of the buttons is made from clay which were decorated and coloured; these buttons are so gorgeous that it was a shame to hide them away in a drawer hence the making of the house. The ‘flower’ in the centre is made from porcelain made by a very clever lady, Kym, who took part in the swap and is Founder of UK Stampers forum.
The second big challenge of this house was making the small drawers! The main difficulty was that the horizontal and vertical main pieces aren’t truly horizontal and vertical! Three drawers contain the remainder of the swap buttons. Here are a few (!) close ups of the different rooms.