Wedding album finished
Well it is finally finished! I am now awaiting delivery of some A3 size cardstock to make the box for the album. The album covers are 30 cm x 18.5cm (approximately 12″ x 7.5″) and are constructed from greyboard covered with ivory pearlescent paper and burgundy metallic paper. Leslie can you spot one of the charms you sent me? It is nestled amongst the ribbon on the spine – a heart shaped charm that I have used gold Goldfinger on (similar to rub ‘n’ buff ). The hanging sign is a Bigz die cut by Tim Holtz; I die cut two brackets, one in white gold pearlescent cs and another in a very deep red cs and then adhered them together slightly off so that it gives a drop shadow effect. The script on the frame took ages of fiddling around on the computer to get it just as I wanted it and then printing it out several times until I had the right font size! Doing that probably was the most time-consuming, it certainly was the most frustrating!
Once I had the font size sorted and the wording right and double, nay triple, checked I had the date right I could then adhere the frame over the wording on the printer paper and put it back through the printer and it came out not too bad at all. I used an old necklace chain to attach the frame to the bracket with glossy accents.
The bouquet of flowers was made up from several different sprays and adhered with glossy accents, then the chiffon type fabric was taped down over the top and a few extra flowers added to the fabric to cover up a glue mark :) I noticed that there is a small glue mark showing so just might have to add a touch more glue and sprinkle glitter over it.
Inside are 10 sheets of cardstock with smaller strips of cardstock added in between each page at the spine end to give thickness here to allow for any embellishments or keepsakes to be added and each page has a covering of thick tissue – all acid & lignin free – to help protect the photos. I hadn’t got a clue what to do on the pages (no change there then!), didn’t know whether to stamp them, leave them bare or what. So I edged them with a gold Krylon-type pen and then decided to stamp and emboss images on each page. I didn’t want to do too much as this album is for Darren and Jill to put in whatever they want as a memento of their wedding day. The following photos are just a sample of the images I stamped & embossed and two of the photos are blurry for which I apologise!