…..yet? As Rolf Harris might have asked!
The frame has been given a coat of gesso, then a coat of green acrylic paint and when all was dry white acrylic paint was ‘streaked’ over with a sponge.
The sunflowers have undergone a change since the last post….
I couldn’t believe how many sticks of glue I needed for this, it was a marathon job! I used 14 sticks of glue in the hot glue gun to go over all the petals and central parts of the flowers. I had to do it in two sessions as my poor fingers did ache! Once all the glue had been added the whole board was painted liberally with gesso and set aside whilst I summon the courage to do the next steps!
I knew that cleaned tomato puree tube was going to come in handy one day! I haven’t got a flower die so I used an old medallion stamp to stamp a couple of images on the opened out tube. A tip here…if you decide to use soft metal tubes then open them out after removing the top and bottom, give them a good wash and dry and then flatten them in your die cutting machine.
For these decoration scissors easily cut out the images, one section of the image had been stamped onto handmade backing paper. The flourishes were cut from gold paper and silver mirri board. This decoration is now in place on the frame and looks quite nice!
Thanks for looking x